Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek

So I watched the new movie last Sunday. I'm not a fan of the series, have watched very few episodes from the classic ones and two movies of the new generation. I went to the theatre expecting a cool Sci-Fi movie. But I didn't get that.

I got an absolutely awesome movie that's so exciting that I almost went to see it again right after it finished. The plot is great, the characters are very well represented, from Kirk through Spock to McCoy, and especially Scotty, played by the best comedy actor in my opinion, Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz fame. The visuals are nothing but stunning, the sound design is excellent (hint: vacuum) and at one point in the movie it plays Sabotage by the Beastie Boys.

What more could I ask for? J. J. Abrams is really in fine touch with what audiences want, and the movie being a huge success among everyone is the proof of that.

No comments: