Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Legend

I have a Wii. And a Playstation 3. In this day and age, with the latest technology available and with a console more powerful than gods, what have I been playing? The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, in the Nintendo 64.



A little background: when it first came out I rented it, played it thoroughly, got everything and returned it to never touch it again. I didn't really like the game. It wasn't "an Ocarina of Time", and having to go back in time every couple of hours annoyed me deeply. So I never played it twice, and the memories of it faded away with the years.

For whatever reason, two weeks ago I started playing it again. And I'm really into the game this time. It's very fun to play, and the way they arranged the game is nothing but brilliant, now that I'm seeing it with better eyes. There's so much going on in the 3 days that the game has, and everything is happening at the same time. It's a sense of real time that you usually don't have in a videogame. The people and places are much more plausible than what we're used to, and it deserves much praise for trying to be different.

I'm currently heading for the third temple, in the ocean. I'm using my free time to play it, instead of not having free time and studying more, and I'm definitely enjoying it a lot. It's still not an OoT, but it has its own (great) merits.

After I finish this, I'm going to start Wind Waker all over again. Can't wait for the time to come. I loved sailing those pretty waters.

No comments: