Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Three songs for Europe

Last July I went to Europe (I can't remember if I've said this here before, and I'm too lazy to bother looking). I took my iPod, but I only had a USB charger and no computer to connect it to, so I had to rely on my cellphone (it has an AC adapter) to listen to music. There weren't many songs in it, so I had to constantly liten to the same ones over and over again. At least most of them were pretty good.

Out of the hundred or so songs, three of those marked me most. Every time I listen to any of them it reminds me of my trip, and the great moments I had. So it's a very special and immaterial souvenir I brought back.

These are the songs:

Gorrillaz - M1A1

A relatively unknown song from them, it's probably my favourite. The intro is just excellent, with the sample from Day of the Dead.




Mew - She Spider

I like how the song changes its pace throughout.




The Decemberists - A Bower Scene

The CD where this song is from is a concept album, telling the story of a girl. Most of the songs are great, but this one is the best in my opinion.

No comments: