Monday, January 26, 2009

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

I got the F.E.A.R. 2 (hate those dots; at least it's not S.TA.L.K........ you know which game) demo the other day and played it for a while. I never played the first one, but I always wanted to. Back in "the days", it looked great from the videos, and that whole atmosphere was awesome to my innocent eyes. So, when I saw this demo in the PSN I instantly grabbed it and tried it out. I loved it, it's brilliant and highly surpassed my expectations.

This is Alma. She will scare the shit out of you.


Ok, I lied. I hated every single second of that demo. The graphics are average, not to say ugly, especially compared to how sexy Killzone 2's are. The controls were awful, not nearly as smooth as an fps should be. And it's too God-damn dark with a flashlight that can't even light up your feet. I played the demo until some bus dropped from the sky and killed me. At that point I quit the demo, deleted it and tried to bring back the good memories from 1 that I had. I'm still working hard on that.

No comments: